Friday, September 26, 2008

Art Filled Friday

Friday we had an art day. We studied some artists like Diego Rivera, Georgia O'Keefe and Pablo Picasso. I liked Georgia O'Keefe the best. She painted a lot of flowers and gardens and things. Me and Grant drawed a flower and we both also drew self-portraits. This is my flower. It's called "The Firecracker Flower". I kinda got the design, just the shape of the flower petals and the leaves, from one of my mom's flowers outside.
This is me. This is my best drawing ever. I've drawn some pretty nutsy self-portraits. This is my most prettiest that I've ever drawn.



Last Friday we had a very artsy afternoon. We researched several famous artists including Pablo Picasso, Diego Rivera, Georgia O'Keefe, and my favorite weirdo, Vincent Van Gogh who, cut off his own ear. Anyway I like his style. Here are the drawings I drew last Friday. First is the rose I drew in our backyard, at first I thought it was impossible because of all the petals, but my mom said to keep trying and turned out really good







and here is my self portrait










4 comments:

Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grant said...

Hi Dad I love you

Jeff said...

I love you too, Grant. You are very sweet and a wonderful writer!

Dad

Betsy said...

Grant and Lauryn, I love your self portraits and flowers! I am very impressed! Great job!