Monday, October 27, 2008

Backpack, continued from Chapter 3

Backpack awoke from his dreams in a small padded cell. The police had tranquilized him! What did they think he was, some type of wild animal. The cell had strong steel walls covered with a thick layer of foam. A small barred window and an iron door were the only gaps in the tough steel.
"How am I going to get out of this place" wondered Backpack out loud.
"Like this," said a voice from somewhere inside the cell as the door fell off its hinges.
"Who's there?" asked backpack.
"You know me as well as I know you... Backpack Duluth Robinson!" There was only one person who knew backpack's full name and that was Wally Dunlop.
"Wally!"said Backpack. "How did you get here?"
"No time for that," said Wally "We're going to Spain".

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

Grant, your story is amazing. I love it. You are definately a gifted writer and I think you will someday have a best seller. Grandma JoLynn