Backpack Chapter 7; the Airport
"Backpack, Airport at three o'clock" said Wally as they turned onto Penrock Boulevard.
"Okay," nodded Backpack, "let's go. I hope they have good security here, then I'll be able to get my tazer."
"Um, yeah, I guess. If you're sure we really need one." answered Wally.
So Wally and Backpack headed for the airport. Once inside Backpack and Wally began checking the arrival and departure screens from behind someone's suitcase to see if there was a plane to Barcelona.
"I just don't see any planes to Barcelona, maybe its not very popular this time of year. Wait..." said Wally, "I spoke to soon, I see one. But it stops in Lisbon and Madrid first."
"That's okay Wally, at least it goes there," said Backpack "what gate is it?"
"Um... gate fifty-one,"replied Wally. "Departing at 10:16. We only have about thirty minutes."
"Okay. Gate fifty-one is that way. We'll just have time to stop by the security guard's locker rooms to pick up that tazer."
"Oh, boy!" Wally exclaimed warily.
They paused at the door to the security guard's locker room and waited for someone to punch in the code. It wasn't long before they slipped in behind a woman on her way to work the night shift. Backpack made quick work of finding an unattended tazer and slipped it into one of his pockets. Then they were on their way.
Soon they spotted the luggage check-in for Virgin Airways which was their airline. Using a stroller as cover they snuck to the luggage conveyor belt and jumped on. As they passed under the rubber flaps toward the tarmac Wally said, "Whoa, I didn't know this airline was that popular." As he noticed all the suitcases traveling on conveyor belts of their own.
It wasn't long before they spotted their airplane hitched up to gate 51.
"This looks like its the last one,"said a man who was unloading the nearby luggage trolley into the belly of their plane.
"Come on, Wally. Are you ready? This is it." Said Backpack, and they flung themselves aboard.
1 comment:
Backpack does nt sound like a very good role model for other backpacks, but I do love to read your creative storyline!
Post a Comment