Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Backpack Chapter 6; plans

Once a safe distance was put between them and the jail, Backpack pulled Wally under a parked car. They needed to talk. Even though Backpack preferred more of a 'no huddle' offense there were a lot of things to clear up.
"Wally," Backpack said, "Why the heck did you say we're going to Spain? Don't you think it would be smart to hang out here in Florida until things cool off. Maybe if you don't like Tampa, we could head over to Orlando. I love Disneyworld!"
"No, no. Just trust me. We gotta get to Barcelona. Somebody wants to meet you."
"Wait, wait, wait! WHO wants to meet me, and why? I don't know anyone in Barcelona. I've never been outside the U.S."
"Backpack-remember when that collector tried to catch us for that museum-what was his name?"
"Scott Bruecher. Crazy whacko."
"Yeah, him. I told you that it would be safer if we went to New York, but you wanted to go to San Francisco. I listened to you and he almost caught us-remember?"
"Yeah, so what?"
"Well, this time you need to listen to me."
Backpack thought about this for a minute. Wally had been right about that. In fact, Wally was pretty much right about everything. Maybe Backpack should listen.
"Okay then." Backpack sighed. "I know how to get to the airport from here."
He lead Wally to the nearest bus stop. It was getting late and they needed to catch the last airport bus. The crouched behind the bench and waited. When the bus arrived, Backpack and Wally snuck through the wheelchair access door and hopped in the back of the bus. They squeezed underneath one of the chairs.

"Okay," asked Wally "the question is how do we get into the airplane?" as the bus bounced towards the airport.
"Simple,"answered Backpack. "I swipe a taser-"
"Wait," objected Wally, "you know I don't like weapons".
"Relax Wal, its just for self-defense. Anyway, then we hop on one of those luggage escalators and away we go."
"Sounds good." said Wally. "We're off to Barcelona."

No comments: